Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Defining Style...

This really is my favorite way to procrastinate! I have to say I love talking about design almost as much as I love creating it. I have so many ideas to share. I came across these two rooms which truly reflect my style. I challenge each of my readers to post your style inspiration. It makes for great conversation and I have to say you can really tell a lot about a person by seeing what defines the style that inspires them. I tend to feel best in a uncluttered space with fresh colors and unexpected elements!

I love the grey walls which appear to have a venitian plaster finish. The mirror really sets off the enormously high ceiling. The room is so balanced and soothing.
The modern furniture is a nice mix with the more traditional rug and side tables. A clever mix of elements and color. The hue of the blue and green combination is heavenly.

Well. As you can see. I couldn't really decide. Although these rooms were both designed by Jan Showers. I love her sense of color and balance. They both portray a classic appeal with modern elements in the beautifully blended mix. Thank you Jan Showers for your design inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment